FOUR STARS from Doody’s Star Ratings™
This second edition of Partial Breast Reconstruction: Techniques in Oncoplastic Surgery builds on and expands the authoritative procedures presented in the first edition, adding and updating the content with up-to-the-minute concepts, techniques, and innovations in oncoplastic breast surgery, all elucidated with hundreds of color images and illustrations.
This edition offers readers the following:
- A breadth of topics presented by internationally recognized experts from a range of disciplines from the U.S., Europe, United Kingdom, and South America
- A systematic chapter structure that provides patient presentation, workup, surgical techniques, and follow-up for each approach
- Emphasis on the essential contributions of all members of the multidisciplinary team
- Extensive coverage of oncologic principles, indications, psychological considerations/body image, the challenges of radiotherapy, and postoperative surveillance
- Prevention and correction of BCT deformities
- Exploration of the risks and benefits of delayed versus immediate reconstruction
- Reduction and mastopexy techniques with parenchyma autoaugmentation, central defect reconstruction, fat grafting, and local and perforator flap reconstruction techniques
- Outcomes presented as the ultimate proof of the validity of each technique, with long-term follow-up
- Treatment of complications
- Provided in both printed and e-book formats, with multiple videos of techniques
As the oncoplastic approach to partial breast reconstruction continues to grow exponentially in popularity as a reliable treatment option, the updated information provided in this comprehensive new edition is absolutely essential to every surgeon performing partial breast reconstruction for women with breast cancer.
Prof. Dr. Moustapha Hamdi
The Foundation was created in 2021 by Professor Moustapha Hamdi. A leading plastic surgeon, Professor Hamdi has helped thousands of women during his career of over thirty years.
Originally from Syria, Professor Hamdi completed his medical training in Syria and his surgical training in Belgium and has extensive international experience. He currently practises in Brussels, including at the University Hospital Brussels where he is Head of Plastic Surgery. He is Past-President of the Royal Belgian Society for Plastic Surgery.